The Massachusetts Environmental Education Society is
dedicated to the promotion, preservation, and improvement of
environmental education in the state and region.
WHO WE ARE
MEES is comprised of a volunteer Board of Directors that meets monthly to plan the conference, manage communications, and work to bring information and programs to the EE community. Our meetings are open to the public – contact the MEES Board if you are interested in attending one of our monthly meetings.
The Massachusetts Environmental Education Society is a federally recognized 501(c)3 organization. MEES Form W-9
WHAT WE DO
- Provide online resources for classroom teachers and environmental educators
- Offer opportunities for professional development at our Annual Conference held in Worcester on the first Wednesday of March each year
- Host Facebook, Instagram and linkedIn feeds to connect to our members, and manages an email listserv to encourage EE professionals to be in communication with each other
- Publish a monthly MEES News e-newsletter that goes out to subscribers
- Helped develop the Massachusetts Environmental Literacy Plan
- Support Project WET
- Serves as an affiliate member of the New England Environmental Education Alliance
- Serve as an affiliate member of the North American Association for Environmental Education