Are you in the process of transitioning your school or school district to implementing more inquiry-based and phenomena-based STEM instruction? The Wade Institute for Science Education’s interactive science professional learning programs provide resources for educators to engage the curiosity and wonder of students by bringing hands-on, minds-on curriculum into current teaching situations!
Our Customized Professional Learning Services:
– align science curriculum with the MA STE Framework and NGSS
model the use of the Science and Engineering Practices for instruction and assessment
– provide scientific content relevant to the Disciplinary Core Ideas
– apply inquiry-based science instruction strategies
– develop skills to create phenomena-based units and investigations
– foster teachers’ use of inquiry-based, hands-on instruction
– include science content as well as pedagogy
– support school-based initiatives to strengthen science instruction and assessment
– provide strategies for creating an inclusive and equitable science learning environment
– can provide support for implementing OpenSciEd materials in the classroom
The Wade Institute for Science Education is an OpenSciEd Certified Professional Learning Provider and a certified provider in the Rivet Education Professional Learning Partner Guide. OpenSciEd is open-source, K-12 science instructional materials that support the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks. Massachusetts is one of 10 partner states that helped to create these high-quality, locally adaptable materials that support equitable science learning. Schools have worked with the Wade Institute to explore Phenomena Based Learning and the Anchoring Phenomena Routine, receive both science and pedagogical support, launch OpenSciEd at your school or in your district, and to dive deep into individual OpenSciEd units.
How can we tailor professional learning sessions to meet the current needs and goals of your school or school district? Contact us to learn more! www.wadeinstitutema.org/customized-school-services