Do you love to teach young children (ages 2-9) and have a passion for nature? Are you creative, energetic, engaging and genuinely interested in connecting young children (and their parents and caregivers) to the natural world?
PUDDLESTOMPERS’ mission is to connect the youngest naturalists, ages 2 to 9 years to the open spaces that surround their homes. By providing families with seeds of interest and tools of exploration, PUDDLESTOMPERS seeks to help build the foundation for a lifelong enjoyment and love of the outdoors.
This is a Full-Time 40/hour a week position which includes teaching and administrative work. This varies by season (Teaching increases in the Summer and Admin work increases in the Winter).
– Lead Teacher in our Drop-off programs including, April, February, December, other school vacation days, and weekly Summer Vacation Camps
– Lead children in preschool enrichments and after school programs around the Boston area
– Lead children and parents in outdoor exploration using hands-on activities, songs and games year round
– Teach some birthday parties when they fall on a weekend
– Review lesson plans and develop and enhance current lessons
– Gather info for class handouts
– Researches for STEM/STEAM – based projects and experiments
Programming and Class Production (weekly classes, family programs, enrichment, afterschool, camp, and birthdays)
– Gather/produce teaching aides
– Clean and inventory teaching kits, as needed
– Prep lessons for PUDDLESTOMPERS programs
– Inputs new program information into the calendar
– Prepare parent information and location sheets for child/adult classes
– Oversees the prepping of lesson and all necessary birthday party materials
Health Form Maintenance: Newton & Needham (location subject to change)
– Create health form emails in Mainstreets to send to families in advance of drop off programs
– Communicate with families about required forms, answer inquires, distribute information
– Receive & file necessary health forms (health records, consent forms, waivers, and vaccination status records) for each participant in drop off programs
– Communicate to teachers any pertinent information (allergies, medications, etc.) for children in their group
– Update health form requirements regularly in accordance with MA Board of Health guidance
– Filing, maintain database, assist in registration process
– Supply management (for office and classes)
– Answer phones, respond to program inquiries
– Maintain and update all enrollment trackers
– Coordinate marketing activities with staff
– Participate in events & fairs to promote PUDDLESTOMPERS
– Expand social media presence
– Assists with posting to various Boston-area websites to promote PUDDLESTOMPERS programs
Position reports to Program Director.
2+ years of teaching experience (preschooler level a plus)
General knowledge and/or interest in science/nature
Dependable, responsible and organized
Fun-loving, creative and engaging
Experience in outdoor education and/or degree in the sciences a plus.
Must have a car
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience, and includes benefits.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org