Do you love to teach young children (ages 2-9) and have a passion for nature? Are you creative, energetic, engaging and genuinely interested in connecting young children (and their parents and caregivers) to the natural world?
PUDDLESTOMPERS’ mission is to connect the youngest naturalists, ages 2 to 9 years to the open spaces that surround their homes. By providing families with seeds of interest and tools of exploration, PUDDLESTOMPERS seeks to help build the foundation for a lifelong enjoyment and love of the outdoors.
This is a full-time, 40hr/week position which includes teaching and administrative work. This position supports the Program Director in the following areas:
– Lead children in outdoor nature exploration using hands-on activities, songs, games, stories, and projects
– Possible classes include Summer Camps, Vacation Camps, Preschool Enrichments, Afterschools, Child/Adult Classes, and/or Birthday Parties
2. Curriculum Development
– Creates and develops new lessons to be added to lesson library; ensures they are up-to-date with MA STEM/STEAM standards
– Researches for STEM/STEAM-based projects & experiments
3. Program Management
– Oversees prepping process for lesson/program materials
– Creates parent information & location sheets for Child/Adult Classes
– Updates and creates content for website (Squarespace)
– Creates social media posts, keeps social media pages up to date (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
– Creates weekly email blast (Mailchimp)
– Creates flyers for all Parks & Rec programs (Canva), distributes to Parks & Rec departments
– Creates regular posts to various Boston-area marketing websites to advertise programs; researches new marketing opportunities
– Researches community engagement opportunities (fairs, commercials, etc.)
5. Birthday Parties
– Replies to all birthday party requests, communicates with interested families
– Schedules all birthday parties, coordinates with families, teachers, location, Parks & Rec departments to secure spaces & staffing
– Receives payment, process & files invoices
– Distributes information to family & staff the week of the party
– Oversees prepping of lesson & all necessary party materials
– 2+ years of teaching experience (preschooler level a plus)
– General knowledge and/or interest in science/nature
– Dependable, responsible and organized
– Fun-loving, creative and engaging
– Experience in outdoor education and/or degree in the sciences a plus.
– College graduate
– Must have a car
Salary range: $45,760 – $49,920 / year
Benefits include health insurance, 401k, and generous PTO and holidays.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND A COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO INFO@PUDDLESTOMPERS.COM.