NORTH SHORE NATURE PROGRAM
The Lead Counselor position is a full-time (40hr/wk) seasonal position. As Lead Counselor, you will plan and lead daily activities for campers ranging in age from 6-14 years old at a nature-based summer program. These programs emphasize exploration, group cooperation, nature study, and experiential learning. Activities could include: short hikes, fishing, shelter building, inclusive games, art, and nature crafting. Lead counselors will be confident in their interactions with children, as well as parents, and will be eager to share their joy of nature with all program participants. Lead counselors will work in conjunction with the Program Director and Assistant Counselors to provide a safe and optimal experience for all children under their supervision.
• Education: at least a high school degree; working towards a B.A. or B.S. in education or life sciences and/or equivalent work experience is preferred.
• Experience working with children.
• Enthusiasm, creativity, and caring personality.
• A basic knowledge of local ecosystems and ability to identify common animals found in the woods and water of Massachusetts is preferred (NSNP will provide training prior to summer sessions beginning).
• Comfort working outside in all types of summer weather.
• Ability to work cooperatively and independently.
• American Red Cross CPR/First Aid certification (if not currently certified, NSNP can help find a class and will compensate you for the fee).
Monday – Friday; 8am-4pm
Training Days: June 20-24
Camp Weeks: June 27-July 1
$13-15/hr based on experience. No benefits are available.