Earthwatch is seeking a detail-oriented individual responsible for supporting the administration of our participatory science programs. Coordinators are responsible for providing phone and email customer service to participants during Earthwatch business hours. Participants may include adults and teens from the general public as well as groups of high school students, teachers, and corporate employees. Coordinators prepare participants for programs, update and process annual research project documentation, and maintain positive relationships with participants, scientists and partners. Our programs range from 1-day domestic events up to 2-week expeditions in various countries around the world.
Successful candidates will possess exemplary customer service, time management, communication and administrative skills. The role requires accountability and collaboration in a remote environment. This position works closely with a team of Program Managers, Coordinators, and international programmatic partners to deliver on the Earthwatch mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Deliver exceptional customer service to participants throughout the expedition preparation process.
• Field incoming phone calls and emails from potential and current participants, providing customer service support from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST.
• Collect and screen participant forms and other program materials.
• Collect, update and distribute program materials to and from partners (research contracts, risk management documents etc.) in accordance with program timelines.
• Assist Program Managers with maintaining strong relationships with scientists, funders, and partner organizations.
• Support the creation and dissemination of key program materials (project briefing, flyers, emails, website, etc.)
• Maintain program and confidential participant data in CRM database.
• Support other program delivery team responsibilities, as needed.
• At least 1 year of work experience, preferably in customer service or administrative support in a remote work environment.
• Exemplary interpersonal and relationship-management skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills particularly via phone and email.
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
• Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and accountability.
• Ability to communicate effectively across a variety of modes and platforms
• Ability to problem solve and work collaboratively across departments
• Ability to create and maintain positive relationships with program participants, members of the public, and staff of varied cultural backgrounds.
• Experience with balancing multiple priorities and working independently to meet deadlines.
• Proficiency in MS Office (MS Outlook, Excel, Teams and OneDrive, in particular) a plus.
• Spanish language proficiency is a plus.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Earthwatch is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your past experiences don’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.