(with permaculture and regenerative agriculture interest)
Schedule: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Cuvilly Earth Education Center is a ministry of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur. We strive to model ecological sustainability in a space that embraces our belief that all life is sacred and the diversity of life is essential for the well-being of the planet. For the last 40 years we have run a very successful preschool and are currently expanding our ecological justice education beyond preschool to include older children and adults. Our goal is to model the building of healthy soils, create and sustain pollinator and wild life habitat, reestablish native woodlands and model sustainable food growing practices. We are looking for someone who shares this vision with us and who will help us achieve it
The organic farmer/landscaper is responsible for the maintenance and continued development of the
7 acre campus of the Cuvilly Earth Education Center following guidelines of landscaping for biodiversity..
PRIMARY DUTIES include but not limited to:
• Implementation and management of landscape/garden/farm projects using principles of organic farming, regenerative agriculture and permaculture providing examples of good practice for educational purposes.
• Routine grounds maintenance including all public areas and spaces used by teachers and students.
• Compost and paddock maintenance.
• Availability for emergencies that require such things as snow removal, fallen tree removal, animal burial.
• Assistance with developing a solid volunteer base.
• Assistance with integrating nature experiences into all center programming.
• Farm/landscape equipment maintenance and repair.
• Attendance at staff training/development meetings as necessary
• A working knowledge of organic farming and landscaping practices
• Self-motivated, able to work independently as well as with others
• Team player
• Comfortable working with children, adults and farm animals.
• Able to multitask