The Massachusetts Environmental Education Society (MEES) is searching for an Outreach Coordinator (approximately 8 hours a week for 12 months) to respond to, engage, and support MEES Environmental Educators. The Outreach Coordinator will help to build MEES capacity and expand our reach by designing and implementing a communication plan including, monthly emails to members, weekly social media posts, responding to inquiries, and updating the website. This position is considered to be an independent contract with little to no supervision from board members. The hours are flexible within each week. The projects require either virtual or in-person attendance at monthly meetings (approximately 1 a month), attendance of MEES conference, and consistent checks of email and social
MEES is a state affiliate of the North American Association for Environmental Education. We are dedicated to the promotion, preservation, and improvement of environmental education in the state and region. We strive to meet this goal through our annual conference featuring a wide range of professional development opportunities as well as year-round workshops, social media posting, networking, resource sharing, and open board meetings. MEES is run by a volunteer board of environmental education practitioners from around the state.
- Create 12 e-newsletters and any other e-newsletters as needed
- 1 to 3 weekly social media posts (1 hour a week)
- Check and respond to MEES emails twice a week (2 hours a week)
- Reviewing MEES website, making minor updates, and providing recommendations to the MEES board and web designer.
- Attend MEES Board and Committee meetings
- Creating a communication plan for current and future use.
- College degree (holds or is currently pursuing)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort with posting on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Familiarity with editing and maintaining a website. Our website is currently hosted on WordPress.
- Experience with and enthusiasm for environmental education
- Comfort in working and communication with people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work as an independent contractor
Schedule and Compensation:
Compensation is commensurate with experience: $8,500 – $10,500.
420 hours of work, approximately 8 hours a week, January through December
A memorandum of understanding will be provided and signed by both parties.
MEES does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, sexual orientation, We value and promote equity, inclusion, and diversity in our work and this is/will be reflected in our posts and communications.
Please send your resume and cover letter by February 1st to: