The Wade Institute for Science Education is a not-for profit corporation whose mission is to promote the teaching of participatory, inquiry-based science, mathematics and technology/engineering education at the K-12 levels in partnership with museums and other non-profit organizations. The Wade Institute provides Professional Development programs and resources for K-12 formal and informal educators. The Education Coordinator works closely with the Director of Education to coordinate and maintain current Wade Institute programs, provide programmatic and administrative support for these programs, and assist with developing new initiatives. This is a full-time position based in Quincy, MA with some travel throughout Massachusetts.
Note: Currently the Wade Institute Staff are working remotely.
● Assist the Director of Education and Assistant Director of Education with implementation and management of Wade Institute programs.
● Provide instruction for programs both virtually and face-to-face.
● Maintain program equipment and inventory list.
● Support programs administratively, including record keeping, preparation of program certificates, and program logistics.
● Source, order, put together and ship materials kits for program participants as needed for programs.
● Assist with organizing and presenting workshops and conference presentations for teachers, museum educators and informal educators.
● Assist with mailings and other office tasks as required, in support of Education programming.
● Attend networking events to promote Wade Institute programs and goals.
● Communicate and coordinate with external partners under the guidance of the Director of Education and/or Assistant Director of Education.
● Assist in the development of new programs and instructional activities as needs demand and resources allow.
▪ Master’s Degree in education, science or related field
▪ Formal and/or informal teaching experience using inquiry based, hands-on methods
▪ Experience with program development and delivery of professional learning programs or training programs for formal and/or informal educators
▪ Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
▪ Ability to work independently, collaboratively and in a team
▪ Familiarity of National and Massachusetts education issues and STEM initiatives
▪ Working knowledge of NGSS and MA STE Standards
▪ Willingness to travel to meetings throughout MA
▪ Knowledge of Schoology learning platform desirable
Starting Salary: $45,000 – $50,000 depending on experience
Application Deadline: November 30th, 2022 or until position is filled.
For further information about the Wade Institute for Science Education, visit www. wadeinstitutema.org. To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The Wade Institute is an equal opportunity employer.