Land’s Sake Farm, a nonprofit community farm in Weston MA, seeks a year-round Assistant Education Manager to help run programs in 2023 and beyond! The Assistant Education Manager will work closely with the Education Manager to help design and facilitate our farm-based programming. We emphasize place-based, hands-on learning experiences for all ages, and run programs featuring sustainable agriculture, food security, and more. Our outdoor programming runs in all seasons and comes in a wide variety of formats. The Assistant manager will provide crucial support to all educational programming on the farm. For more information about the organization, please visit our website at https://landssake.org/
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Planning and leading education programs such as field trips, afterschool programs, summer and vacation week programming, family visits, volunteer groups, and birthday parties.
– Involved with designing and maintaining the education garden and other growing spaces
– Assisting with the management of education livestock (rabbits and chickens year-round, goats seasonally)
– Helping with administrative work such as: coordinating with visiting groups, scheduling, grant writing, record keeping, and updating lesson plans.
– Assisting with training, mentoring and supervising seasonal staff and interns.
This role has the potential to grow in several ways as our organization expands, so those with an interest in event planning, volunteer management and/or animal management are encouraged to apply.
What we look for:
– Love and knowledge of education, farming, sustainability, food justice and natural sciences.
– Experience working with a variety of age groups in informal, hands-on settings.
– College degree or higher.
– Ability to lead groups solo as well as working with co-teachers.
– Ability to stay organized in an ever-changing environment and wear many hats.
– Clear communication, reliability and flexibility.
– Desire to get your hands dirty and have fun!
Duration and Compensation:
Flexible schedule, to be built with a successful applicant. Ideal start date between November and January 2022, but negotiable for the right candidate.
Starting at $17/hour, based on experience
15-40 hours a week depending on the season and schedule chosen by applicant (see options below)
Half time position: 15-20 hours per week year round, consistent times and days.
Three quarters time position: 15-25 hours per week November-March, 30-45 hours per week April-October. Vacation time as accrued, paid holidays, paid sick time, and optionally, 50% of health insurance premium covered by Land’s Sake. This position has the possibility of becoming full-time in the future.
Free produce and flowers grown on the farm
Paid 30 minute lunch break if the employee works six or more hours that day
Professional development opportunities including trainings in areas of job
Send a resume and cover letter explaining what you would bring to our department to Education Manager Katrina Goldowsky-Dill at email@example.com. We will start interviewing for this position in mid-September.