Subject: Scholarship & Grant $ for Amazon Rainforest PD Workshop
What: 2018 Educator Academy in the Amazon Professional Development
When: July 1-11, 2018
Grant: $1500 Vernier Software & Technology Grant for HS/AP Environmental Science Educators
Scholarships: $1100 Amazon Workshops Scholarships for K-12 formal/informal educators
Application Deadline: February 1, 2018
Get more info: http://amazonworkshops.com/educator-academy/
The July 1-11, 2018 Educator Academy in the Amazon Rainforest of Peru is a cross-curricular professional development workshop for formal and informal K-12 educators. Highlights include:
- 21st Century Instruction: Place-based education ~ Inquiry-based exploration ~ STEM
- Inquiry Protocols & Resources: Project Learning Tree ~ Cornell Lab of Ornithology ~ & More!
- Global and Cultural Perspectives: Service Learning ~ Indigenous Culture ~ Global Education
- Community-based conservation field work with the Maijuna indigenous community
- Work side-by-side with scientists and researchers on citizen science projects and field studies.
- Explore the ¼ mile long ACTSPeru Rainforest Canopy Walkway in one of the world’s most biologically diverse environments.
- Work with fellow educators to explore strategies for using the Amazon as a vehicle for incorporating STEM education, inquiry-based learning, and place-based education into your classroom and programming.
Get the details and download a syllabus and scholarship application at:
Contact program director, Christa Dillabaugh at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-431-2624 for more information.