Public Program Data Coordinator
Year-Round, Full time, Boston, MA
About The Organization:
The Trustees is an organization with a fascinating past and an exciting future. Our places are open to all and we thrive by involving as many people as possible in what we do. Founded in 1891, by a group of visionary volunteers, we preserve, for public use and enjoyment, properties of exceptional scenic, historic, and ecological value in Massachusetts and work to protect special places across the state. We have helped protect more than 50,000 acres, including 26,000+ acres on 116 reservations that are all open to the public. We are a nonprofit conservation organization funded and supported entirely by our visitors, supporters, volunteers, and more than 50,000 members.
Our seasonal staff plays an integral role in ensuring that our visitors enjoy our extraordinary places. With the change to warmer temperatures, we experience an influx of visitors of all ages and backgrounds who want to explore and be inspired by our properties. Sandy beaches, wooded trails, cultural gardens, historic homes, community supported agriculture—there are many ways for visitors to discover and explore The Trustees, and just as many opportunities for seasonal employees to make each visitor’s experience special.
The Trustee offers over 5,000 public programs annually across 25 properties statewide. The Public Program Data Coordinator is responsible for supporting all aspect of the Trustees statewide public program initiatives. This will involve the coordination of a complex program registration system; maintaining accurate data collection; regular reporting and analysis; and managing program evaluation and assessment tools. The Public Program Data Coordinator reports to the Director of Public Programming and will work closely with the Director of Visitor Experience.
• Coordinate day to day operations of the program registration systems, this includes but is not limited to inputting program details, linking to website, tracking program attendance and managing cancellations and changes.
• Maintain accurate records of all program and event details through the development and management of a database system.
• Design and issue regular reports detailing participation and revenue in relation to set goals by property.
• Provide analysis of program data identifying trends, issues, and opportunities.
• Troubleshoot issues related to registration and data capture.
• Support engagement staff in the use of the online and onsite registration system.
• Track evaluation and assessment of programs and assist with the reporting and analysis of results.
• Assist with statewide program initiatives such as Home Sweet Home and Free Fun Friday.
• Provide quality customer service.
• Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation to support engagement and public programming.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related fields is an asset.
• 3-5 years experience coordinating or managing online program registration systems and complex databases.
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve and think strategically
• Advanced knowledge of and experience with database management programs
• Innovative thinker who can seek solutions in and out of the box.
• Proven computer proficiency with MS Office, registration programs, and database systems
• Experience with web development a plus
• Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
• Adaptability – ability to change with new situations, ability to handle varied workload, and to multitask.
• Attention to detail with outstanding organizational skills, and good follow through.
• Position requires occasional travel across the state; access to a personal vehicle required.
• Flexibility to work occasional nights and weekends is required; access to a car is necessary.
Reports to Director of Public Programming; has no direct reports.
Pay Rate and Benefits:
APPLY NOW – Public Program Data Coordinator
Click here to see all job opportunities at The Trustees of Reservations
The Trustees offers competitive compensation and the opportunity to be part of a dedicated team across the Commonwealth who love the outdoors, who love the distinctive charms of New England, and who believe in celebrating and protecting our special places, for everyone, forever.
We kindly request that you do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
In addition to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Trustees of Reservations aims to create a thriving, inclusive workplace that values each member of our team. We aspire to reflect and effectively serve the residents and communities of Massachusetts, who are at the core of our mission.