Board Members Wanted!
MEES is looking for highly motivated members of the Environmental Education community to grow our Board. We hope you’ll consider adding your talents!
Goals of the MEES Board:
- Promote environmental literacy in the Commonwealth
- Enhance the professional competence of environmental educators through meetings, conferences, and publications
- Foster communication and collaboration among environmental education professionals
- Promote professional and ethical standards
- Encourage the study and development of environmental education, serve as a resource for employment, facilities, programs, and techniques in environmental education
Responsibilities of Board Members:
- Serve a two year term after election at the annual meeting (may serve three consecutive terms for a total of six years)
- Attend monthly board meetings (board members are expected to miss no more than two meetings per year) and contribute at least five hours of time between meetings
- Participate in the shared coordination of the annual conference – must be able to attend the conference
- Serve as a working member of at least one officer position (president, vice president, clerk, treasurer, conference chair) or task (EE outreach to teachers, affiliate liaison, communications, conference, observer editor, membership, website)
- Contribute as needed to other tasks/projects required for MEES to run smoothly
Benefits of Joining the MEES Board:
- Greater connection to the environmental education profession through planning the annual conference
- Increased profile within the environmental education community as a representative of the Board
- Free attendance at the annual NEEEA Conference
- Free attendance at the New England state environmental education conferences (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, and Connecticut)
- Stipend to attend the annual NAAEE Conference
- Spending time with a great group of EE professionals every month!
Generally, the board meets on the second Tuesday of each month. Meetings are rescheduled from time to time to coordinate better with Board Member schedules. The Board has also started to incorporate conference calls and a new meeting location on the South Coast to reduce the driving time for Board Members.
- April 9, 2019 – Conference Call (Board Members Only)
- May 14, 2019 – 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. – Open Meeting at Broad Meadow Brook Audubon Sanctuary, Worcester MA
- In June, July, and August the Board does not meet formally
- September 17, 2019 – 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. – Open Meeting at Broad Meadow Brook Audubon Sanctuary, Worcester MA
- October 8, 2019 – 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. – Open Meeting at Bowditch & Dewey, LLP, Framingham MA
- November 12, 2019 – 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. – Open Meeting at the Museum of American Bird Art, Canton MA
- December 2019 – Closed Board Meeting
- January 14, 2020 – 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. – Open Meeting at the Buttonwood Park Zoo, New Bedford MA – Join virtually using ZOOM – Or call in: 1-646-876-9923 with Meeting ID: 872 644 659
- February 11, 2020 – 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. – Open Meeting at the Fruitlands Museum, Harvard MA
- March 4, 2019 – Annual Conference, College of the Holy Cross, Worcester MA