After receiving input from the community the MEES Board of Directors created two new Committees, open to the public, to address key issues within the environmental education field. The MEES Advocacy Committee and the MEES Diversity and Inclusion Committee will meet virtually to discuss important issues and challenges facing environmental education in Massachusetts. Join a committee meeting to influence its direction, suggest ideas and projects, and to volunteer your expertise and experience.
MEES Advocacy Committee
The Advocacy Committee’s goal is to help MEES promote sound environmental and education legislation. Through our advocacy work in environmental education we aim to build environmental literacy in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, protect our natural resources, improve individual health and wellness, and strengthen communities. Through MEES, elected officials at the municipal, state, and federal government levels can have access to greater engagement with peers, voters and constituents, and MEES members can have more of a voice in shaping environmental and educational policy. The Advocacy Committee discusses and facilitates ways to connect our constituents to the legislators and policies relevant to our field.
- Wednesday, January 22, 2020 from 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Join via ZOOM or call-in 1-646-876-9923 with meeting ID 360-154-728
- Wednesday, November 20, 2019 from 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 23, 2019 from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m – Meeting Notes
MEES Diversity and Inclusion Committee
The Diversity and Inclusion Committee will discuss ways that MEES can support efforts across the Commonwealth that encourage, celebrate, and build a more inclusive EE community. It will take a closer look at MEES and discuss ways to expand membership, conference and event attendance, and resource use to more closely reflect the diverse practitioners working in Massachusetts to support and protect the environment.
- Wednesday, January 29, 2020 from 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. – Join via ZOOM or call-in 1-646-876-9923 with meeting ID 774-160-911
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019 from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 7, 2019 from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 1, 2019 from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. – Meeting Notes