Education Coordinator III for Early Education Programs
at Mass Audubon’s Boston Nature Center in Mattapan, MA
The Education Coordinator for Early Education Programs commits the majority of her/his time to coordinating, managing, and marketing an array of early education programs including Boston Nature Center’s Pathways to Nature Preschool, Pathways to Nature Outreach Program, internships program, and professional development opportunities. Other time may be used to teach educational programs in accordance with Mass Audubon’s philosophy, goals, standards, and practices.
• Plan, coordinate, and manage all details of early education programs including but not limited to BNC’s licensed preschool, other on-site preschool programs, internship programs, and professional development opportunities (internally and externally) for early education teachers.
• Develop best management practices and protocols to closely monitor program registration, enrollment, wait list, program fees; and take steps to change program trends as needed.
• Supervise up to 10 full-time teacher naturalists and up to 10 substitutes, interns, and/or volunteers. Supervision includes providing employee orientation, assigning work, reviewing and monitoring performance, and providing ongoing training/mentoring.
• Monitor program budgets at $500,000 or more. Maintain records and files of program revenue and expenses. Track expenditures against budget and work with other sanctuary staff to take corrective action, as necessary. Participate in the development of the sanctuary’s budget process.
• Plan, write, prepare, and manage informational brochures, and education related publications, including e-communications and educational related marketing activities as needed.
• Develop and implement programs for children ages 2.9 to 6 and their families and/or educators, fostering hands-on, minds-on inquiry based and outdoor learning.
• Operate a licensed, on-site preschool for a minimum of 39 children exceeding compliance of the licensing agency: Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care (EEC).
• Develop and implement formative assessment tools for programs, including lessons, unit plans, and programs in collaboration with early education staff. Analyze results for evaluation and communicate outcomes to supervisor for decision making.
• Maintain updated curricula, instructional materials, educational supplies, and other educational resources in order to operate high level, high quality early education programs with diverse, multi-cultural, early education audiences.
• Develop multiple opportunities for family engagement.
• Coordinate and market special trainings for professional audiences, including professional development for early education teachers.
• Maintain accurate records of programs and program participants according with Mass Audubon’s policy and state mandates.
• Maintain the safety of all participants and staff as a priority
• Attend sanctuary staff meetings and actively participate with the Director of Education in statewide education staff meetings, education work groups, and professional development trainings, as required.
• Preschool Director II Certification by Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care (EEC)
• Bachelor’s degree in environmental studies/equivalent or Bachelor’s Degree in early education/equivalent, and a minimum of five years teaching experience or Master’s degree in environmental studies/equivalent or Master’s degree in early education/equivalent, and a minimum of three years teaching experience
• Requires three years of prior supervisory experience of staff/volunteers and three years of prior experience in budget development and management, as well as revenue forecasting and financial recordkeeping
• First Aid and CPR certification upon hire
• Requires successful completion of a CORI, SORI, DCF, and fingerprinting screen
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time 40 hours per week exempt position and is accompanied with a full benefits package Salary range is $45,000-$55,000
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter with the subject line: Search EC to: Julie Brandlen email@example.com
Timeline: Applications accepted until position is filled. Position start date: June 5, 2017