Thanks for joining MEES for listening sessions in 2017!
Throughout the year the MEES Board of Directors set up regional meetings to bring the environmental education community together, giving the MEES Board an opportunity to learn how we can better support you! Following each session presentation Board Members asked you to tell us how we can better support you and your work. Topics of discussion included:
- The annual MEES Conference
- How MEES communicates with you
- What a MEES membership means to you
- Additional programming MEES can provide
- And more!
Where we went in 2017:
- April 27 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. – Boston Metro AreaHosted by the Boston Nature Center in Mattapan, MA
- With a special presentation on beekeeping by Lauryn Cannon, Teacher Naturalist and Beekeeper
- Check out our photo album from this session!
- May 17 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.– Western Region
- September 13 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. – Central Region
- Hosted by the River Bend Farm Visitor Center in Uxbridge, MA
- With a heritage walk led by Kathryn Parent of MassDCR
- September 26 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. – Cape & Islands
- Hosted by the Cape Cod Museum of Natural History in Brewster, MA
- The museum will be open to attendees from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. for exploration
- November 14 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. – South Coast
- Hosted by the Buttonwood Park Zoo in New Bedford, MA
- This meeting coincided with the Southeastern Environmental Education Alliance Annual Meeting