The Massachusetts Environmental Education Society is dedicated to the promotion, preservation, and improvement of environmental education in the state and region.
- Provides online resources for classroom teachers and environmental educators
- Offers opportunities for professional development at our Annual Conference held in Worcester on the first Wednesday of March each year
- Hosts Facebook and Instagram feeds to connect to our members, and manages an email listserv to encourage EE professionals to be in communication with each other
- Publishes the MEES Observer, an e-newsletter that goes out to subscribers
- Is helping to develop the Massachusetts Environmental Literacy Plan
- Administers the Massachusetts Champion of Environmental Literacy Program
- Supports Project WET
- Serves as an affiliate member of the New England Environmental Education Alliance
- Serves as an affiliate member of the North American Association for Environmental Education
MEES is comprised of a volunteer Board of Directors that meets monthly to plan the conference, manage communications, and work to bring information and programs to the EE community. Our meetings are open to the public – contact the MEES Board if you are interested in attending one of our monthly meetings.